WGI has performed evaluation and restoration work on hundreds of parking structures spanning all types and ages of construction. With restoration experience dating back to 1983, we have had many opportunities to re-evaluate structures multiple times over a period of years, allowing us to see first-hand the progression of deterioration and performance of repairs. Additionally, our team of full-time restoration specialists are experienced in the evaluation and restoration of a wide variety of structures including those related to garages such as building facades, pedestrian walkways, and plazas.
Our experience and knowledge related to the design of new parking structures assists us in keeping up with the latest state-of-the-art technology for structure durability as well as function. We draw on this knowledge base with each and every project to find solutions for our clients based on real-life experience. This includes options for durable repairs and upgrades, as well as phasing and construction sequencing options.
Our Restoration Group is set up as a team, with both staff and resources available for every project. We have dedicated restoration specialists who:
- are structural engineers and architects (typically) with advanced degrees and professional licenses.
- have expertise and experience to fully understand any repair need relative to parking and other structures.
- focus on restoration projects full-time, differentiating us from firms that utilize structural engineers to complete both new building and restoration projects.
- have developed standard details and specifications that contain time proven techniques and materials.
Restoration services include:
- Condition Assessment
- Façade/Building Envelope Survey
- Plaza Leaking/Waterproofing Review
- Forensic Investigation
- Structural Analysis
- Leak Mitigation
- Corrosion Protection
- Building Envelope
- Structural Strengthening and Adaptive Rep-use
Restoration/Preservation Program Development
- Capital Improvement Plan Development
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis
- Maintenance Manual Preparation
- Due Diligence Review
- Public Private Partnerships
Our goal is to provide you with the best possible parking solution within budget and on time. We strive to provide the highest quality engineering services by a dedicated staff committed to technical excellence, timely action and the highest integrity. Continued upgrading of our technical skills combined with innovation, vision and the latest technology helps to ensure maximum benefit to our clients.