Bayamón Medical Center
Bayamón Medical Center currently has one garage with 846 spaces, in addition to one surface parking lot available for visitors, patients, staff, and physicians. The hospital engaged WGI to improve the parking and mobility systems for patients, visitors, employees, and physicians.
A parking occupancy survey was conducted to determine peak parking utilization within the parking garage. The report found that the current parking supply exceeds the recommended parking to serve the hospital. While there was a current surplus of parking supply, operational efficiencies will be gained through the reallocation of parking, improved technology, and signage/wayfinding.
In addition, improved enforcement and parking controls will be necessary to provide the recommended parking allocation and to guarantee convenient parking for visitors and patients.
- Operational Review Evaluation and Assessment
- Supply and Demand
- Parking Occupancy
- Staffing and Enforcement
- Valet Parking
- Parking Operational Financial Assessment
- Peer Campus Comparison
- Equipment, Technology, and Maintenance
- Wayfinding and Signage
- Parking Allocation
- Parking Rate Best Practices
- Parking Technology – Align with Operations Plan
- Pedestrian Access and Safety
- Traffic Circulation and Flow