Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Since the mid-1990’s, WGI has provided ongoing parking consulting services at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Among other projects, our work at the airport includes:
- Terminal T Expansion – parking consulting and design services for the new North exit plaza associated with the expansion of Terminal T, including phased replacement of all PARCS equipment and incorporation of ride-share vehicles.
- Parking Master Planning – parking consulting, programming, and conceptual design of three new garages to replace the aging North and South Terminal garages and accommodate the projected 20-year growth, consisting of the 14,000-space garage in the West surface lot and replacement garages at the North Terminal (15,100 spaces) and South Terminal (17,200 spaces).
- ATL West Parking Deck – design/build criteria documents, including functional design and structural engineering, for the ATL West (remote) parking deck. The 6,400-space, cast-in-place post-tensioned concrete parking structure’s design provides remote long-term public parking near the CONRAC and provides transportation to the terminals via the airport’s people-mover system.
- Operations RFP – preparation of Request for Proposals documents for airport parking operations and shuttle bus services.
- International Terminal Parking Deck – parking consulting, design, and structural peer review for the 2,600-space, precast concrete parking structure at the international terminal. Garage access is available by shuttle bus at the transit center, and a shuttle bus pick-up/drop-off area is incorporated into the garage design.
- Hertz Garage – strengthening, restoration, and vertical expansion design and construction administration services for the Hertz parking structure, located on airport property prior to its replacement with the CONRAC.
- Operations studies and consulting to improve exit lane capacity and upgrade PARCS equipment.