A project’s success requires a vital understanding of how existing utilities affect its schedule and budget. WGI’s close relationships with many utility agencies produce accurate record data that ultimately keeps projects moving forward. Because record drawings are sometimes unreliable, a project designed without precise utility locations could be substantially delayed. With WGI’s full range of Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) services, delays and unexpected additional costs are avoided.
Effective utility locating and coordination requires innovation, experience, and a team approach. WGI owns and operates cutting-edge, air/vacuum excavation and ground-penetrating radar systems. We perform “soft digs” around existing utilities to confirm both horizontal and vertical location. Additionally, SUE services encompass a wide range of activities to help facilitate the progress of a project. Armed with this information, we design projects that minimize utility relocations, ensure safe work sites, and prevent damage to utilities while controlling costs and schedule.
Saving time and money is important. By using our specialized Subsurface Utility Engineering services, WGI can proceed safely, efficiently, and with the least amount of disruption on every project.
- FDOT Utility Agreements & Work Schedules
- Utility Work by Highway Contractor (UWHC) Agreements
- Utility Records Research
- Identification of Property Rights
- Utility Estimates, Billing, & Reimbursement Packages
- Engineering Design, Permitting, & Management Services
- Reimbursement and Subordination Agreements
- Utility Conflict Resolution
- Relocation Design
- Utility Conflict Matrix & Impact Analysis
- Field Investigations
- Value Engineering Analysis
- Constructability Reviews
- Damage Prevention Programs
- Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE)
- Utility Designation Surveys
- Vacuum Excavation Services
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Interior & Concrete Radar Mapping
- Sunshine State One Call of Florida (SSOCOF) Ticket Response
- Link to Portfolio